Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Flags and Tyrany

I drive a big truck and once upon a time I was in Rome Georgia to pick up a load at a recycling plant. After finding my way to the shipping office I was greeted by a good sized man of Mexican ancestry wearing a tee shirt emblazoned with the Confederate flag.

I pointed out to him that if I walked into a customer's shipping office wearing such a shirt someone might say something and I would get in trouble. Smiling broadly he answered that he was a Mexican redneck. Of course, all of this seemed funny.

He went on to tell me that he was first generation American and a Vietnam veteran from Texas. When he had moved to north Georgia he had some trouble from a local deputy who routinely pulled him over apparently just because he was Mexican. One day after being pulled over he produced his military paperwork and informed the deputy that he would call the office of his congressional representative if the officer persisted in this harassment. No more problem.

And now because the vast majority of people are too stupid, close minded and completely propagandized I throw something out there that's beyond the ability to comprehend just because it's funny like that.

ISIS is destroying ancient Muslim shrines in the Syrian city of Palmyra.

Just a completely random thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment