Tuesday, June 19, 2018

The Disappointment that is Gaza

Since the 1993 Oslo Accords Palestinians have missed the opportunity to develop a healthy Palestinian culture and form a government that would benefit its people. The Palestinians have instead used the lands ceded to them as a staging ground for terrorist assaults against their neighbors the Israelis. Their blind hatred for Jews will never be abated until someone in the Palestinian community comes forward advocating for real peace.


Looking at a map of Gaza one thing jumps to my mind, ocean front property. I have seen, in my time, small Arab nations transform themselves into  tourist hot spots for the uber rich. These nations now host Grand Prix races and other events which draw the richest people in the world. To do this they had to become tolerant of other cultures and embrace a culture of peace. Their success should be celebrated and held up as a template for peace.

Peace talks have done very little to improve the lives of the Palestinian people. It is time to talk about economic development. There will never be any talks about sharing Jerusalem so long as the Palestinians cling to their culture of violence. World leaders should cease their denouncements of Israel and have a very honest chat with Palestinians about peace and providing for their people.

For too long there has existed a culture of violence in the Middle East. All of the old grievances, whether it Sunni versus Shia or Arab versus Jew, have no place in the twenty-first century. People flying fire kites are doing nothing to improve the lot of the Palestinian people. Just as irresponsible world leaders who fault Israel for defending herself are doing nothing to advance the cause of peace. Those same world leaders omit from their narrative that the world has seen Israel engage in peaceful relations with its Arab neighbors.

Finally let us place the blame where it rightfully belongs, Iran. Across the middle east Arab nations and Israel are dealing with the bloody influence of the Iranian regime. It is high time the world unite against the Iranian government and force them to end their deadly game of regional chaos. I would say to you that anyone who criticizes Israel's right to defend itself is an ally of the murderous Iranian regime.

*******************************************
 If you follow me on Twitter you have doubtless seen my plug my #GoFundMe campaign. The frequent tweets might seem over the top but it is the only way I can get the word out. I promise you my need is very real. I'm barely keeping my head above water. You can read my story on the #GoFundMe page, donate as little as $5 and share on your social media. Please retweet me because getting my story out is key to the success of this campaign. You can not understand how deeply grateful I am for any support. Thanks and God bless you all. Kirby McCain


No comments:

Post a Comment